APP下载

盘点全球各国千奇百怪的餐桌礼仪

2014-02-28

时代英语·高二 2014年1期
关键词:刀叉AA制叉子

在国外吃饭,宛如蹑手蹑脚地游走在一堆不熟悉的规则中间。餐桌礼仪是对主人展现尊敬(有时反而显现不敬)的最好方式。现在就来学学如何吃饭吧。

01

Slurp your food.

吃东西时咂吧嘴。

In Japan, most commonly when eating noodles and soups, slurping shows your appreciation of the food to the chef. The louder the better! You may also drink directly from the soup bowl—spoons are uncommon. Furthermore, never cross your chopsticks, lick your chopsticks, or stick your chopsticks vertically into a bowl of rice. Its considered very rude in Japan and many other Asian countries, including China.

在日本,吃面喝汤极其寻常,发出啧啧声是对厨师食物的肯定。越大声越好!你还可以直接端起汤碗来喝汤——调羹反而用得不多。此外,千万别把筷子交叉、舔筷子或是把筷子垂直插在米饭中间。这在日本以及其他许多亚洲国家,包括中国,都是极其粗鲁的表现。

02

Eat only with your right hand.

只用右手吃饭。

Sorry lefties—in India, the Middle East, and some parts of Africa, it is considered unclean to eat with your left hand。

左撇子对不住啦——在印度、中东以及非洲某些地区,用左手吃饭是不洁的表现。

03

Bread is a utensil.

面包只是食具。

In France, you are supposed to use two hands to eat—either fork and knife or fork and bread. Bread isnt meant to be an appetizer—instead it serves to assist the food to the fork. When you eat the bread, tear off a piece of it to eat instead of biting directly into the bread. When not in use, the bread belongs on the table or tablecloth instead of the plate.

在法国,你应该用两只手吃饭——用刀叉或者是叉子加面包来吃。面包在这里并不是开胃菜——而是帮助把食物弄到叉子上的工具。吃面包的时候,慢慢地撕下,千万别直接对着面包咬。不用的时候,面包放在桌子上或是桌布上,而不在盘子里。

Dont offer to split the bill.

别想着AA制。

In France, splitting the bill is considered the height of unsophistication. Offer to pay the bill in its entirety or someone else will。

在法国,AA制被看成不懂人情世故。要么就请客,不然就等别人买单吧。

04Eat with your hands.

用手吃饭。

In Mexico, it is considered an almost snobby practice to use a fork and knife。

在墨西哥,用刀叉吃饭是十分势利的表现。

Dont ask for salt or pepper.

别去要盐或胡椒粉。

In Portugal, if salt and pepper arent already on the table, dont ask for them. Its considered an offense to the chefs seasoning skills.

在葡萄牙,如果桌子上没有盐和胡椒粉,千万别去要。这会被看成是对厨师调味技巧的挑衅。

Dont ask for cheese.

别去要芝士。

In Italy, never ask for cheese if its not explicitly offered to you. Its considered a sin to put extra cheese on top of your pizza—and its even worse to put it on seafood.

在意大利,如果没有明确给你提供芝士,千万别去要。在披萨上放入多余的芝士会被看成是一项罪过——如果放在海鲜上就更糟了。

Dont put food in your mouth with a fork.

不要用叉子把食物放入嘴里。

In Thailand, forks are used to push food into a spoon. Also, its unusual to use chopsticks—theyre considered tacky.

在泰国,叉子是用来把食物推入调羹里的。并且,用筷子是很不寻常的——会被看成没有教养。

Dont bring yellow flowers to dinner.

不要带着黄花去吃饭。

In Bulgaria, yellow flowers symbolize hatred. Not the message (we hope) youre trying to send.

在保加利亚,黄花意味着仇恨。(我们希望)应该不是你想传达的信息。

Dont use an individual plate.

不要自己用个盘子。

In Ethiopia, individual plates are considered wasteful. Food is always shared from a single plate without the use of cutlery—just hands.

在埃塞俄比亚,每人单独用个盘子被认为很浪费。通常食物都是放在一个盘子里供大家分享,无需刀叉——手就够了。

Never rest your hands in your lap while dining.

吃饭的时候别把手放在膝盖上。

In Russia, it is considered polite to rest your wrists on the edge of the table—not on your lap. Also, keep your fork in your left hand and knife in your right.

在俄罗斯,把手放在桌子边搭着是礼貌的行为——但千万别放在膝盖上。另外,叉子要在左手,刀要在右手。

Dont touch any part of your meal with your hands.

不要用手碰到任何食物。

In Chile, touching food with your hands is considered ill-mannered. Yep, even fries! In Brazil, too, pizza and burgers are normally eaten with a fork and knife.

在智利,用手碰食物是非常不礼貌的表现。是的,甚至是薯条!而在巴西亦是如此,披萨和汉堡通常都是用刀叉来吃。

猜你喜欢

刀叉AA制叉子
Let??s Eat!
最后的晚餐
无中生有的味觉叉子
太阳应该怎么吃?
筷 子
最最幸运的倒霉蛋儿
“电子味觉叉子” 无中生有各种味道
第一次吃西餐
“请客”和“AA制”的英语表达方式
有香味的神奇叉子