英语多学一点点
2007-04-29
Bill:Hi,Jane You busy?(嗨,珍,你在忙吗?)
Jane:I'm just finishing something up.Whatcan I do for you?(我就快完成了。有什么事吗?)
Bill:I'm supposed to represent our departmentat the strategy meeting, but I need to take theday off tomorrow.(我原本应当代表我们部门参加策略会议,但我明天要请假。)
Jane:I see.So you want me to fill in for you?(我知道了。所以你要我代替你去?)
Bill:Could you?That'd be a big help.(可以吗?那可帮了我大忙。)
Jane:Yeah, no problem Just email me theagenda beforehand.(好啊,没问题。先把议程用电子邮件寄给我吧。)
Bill:Thanks.Jane.You' re a lifesaver.I oweyou one.(珍,谢谢你。你是我的救星。我欠你一分人情。)
cover for sb照应某人/代替某人工作
例如:Lucy is going to cover for me whileI'm on vacation.(我度假时露西会接替我的工作。)
be finishing sth up快完成某事
例如:I'm finishing up my mid-term report.(我快完成期中报告了。)
be supposed to理应……
相当于should,但口气较should缓和。例如:Greg is supposed to take out the trashevery day,but he often forgets.(葛雷格应当每天把垃圾拿出去丢,但他经常忘记。)
(责任编辑:覃福贵)