APP下载

打扰一下,雷电先生!

2020-08-13张恒

中学生英语·阅读与写作 2020年4期
关键词:球棒祝你好运艾丽

张恒

“We need a good nights sleep,” Ally told her baseball bat as she closed her eyes. “Tomorrow is a big day.”

“我们需要睡个好觉。”艾丽闭上眼睛时对棒球棒说道,“明天是重要的一天。”

All was quiet, all was well. Ally slept, until rushing wind rattled2 her windowpane. “That noise has got to stop,” Ally got out of bed and opened the window. 一切都很安静,一切都很好。艾丽睡着了,直到狂风吹得窗户玻璃咯咯作响。“那噪音必须停止,”艾丽起床打开了窗户。

“Excuse me, Mr. Wind!”

“打扰一下,风先生!”

“Yes, little girl?” said a gentle breeze3.

“有事么,小姑娘?”一阵微风说道。

“Im sorry, but youre keeping my bat and me awake4.”

“对不起,你吵醒了我和我的球棒。”

“But when will I do my job?” asked Mr. Wind.

“那我什么时候再来完成我的工作呢?”风先生问。

“Please, not tonight,” said Ally. “I have something important to do tomorrow.”

“拜托,今晚不要,”艾丽说,“明天我有重要的事情要做。”

“Ah, I see,” said Mr. Wind, closing the window.

“啊,我知道了。”风先生关上窗户说道。

“Good luck!”

“祝你好运!”

All was quiet, all was well. Ally slept, until it rained hard.

一切都很安静,一切都很好。艾丽睡着了,直到雨下得很大。

“Oh now what?” Ally asked. “Excuse me, Miss Rain!”

“哦,现在又是怎么一回事?”艾丽问道,“打扰一下,雨小姐!”

“Yes, little girl?” she said.

“什么事呀,小姑娘?”她说。

“You woke us up. We really need our sleep.”

“你把我们吵醒了,我们真的需要睡觉。”

“But I need to do this,” said Miss Rain. “Its my job.”

“但是我需要这样做,”雨小姐说,“这是我的工作。”

“Do it some other time. Tomorrow is a big day.”

“找个别的时间做吧。明天是很重要的一天。”

“What can possibly5 be so important?”

“有什么事如此重要呢?”

Ally looked up in the air, and then swung6 her bat.

艾丽看向空中,然后挥舞了一下球棒。

“Ah, I see,” said Miss Rain, evaporating7 into the night. “Best of luck!”

“啊,我明白了,”雨小姐说完就消失在夜色里,“祝你好运!”

All was quiet, all was well. Ally slept until a big noise through the night.

一切都很安靜,一切都很好。艾丽睡着了,直到一声巨大的噪音穿透夜空。

“Really? Excuse me, Mr. Thunder!”

“来真的吗?打扰一下,雷电先生!”

“Yes, little girl?” answered a roar8.

“什么事,小姑娘?”一个吼声答道。

“Stop making noise. We need to sleep!”

“不要吵啦,我们要睡觉!”

“But I have to do this,” said Mr. Thunder.

“但是我必须这样做,”雷电先生说。

“Tomorrow is a really important day.”

“明天是非常重要的一天。”

“But youre just a little girl. What on earth is so special9?”

“但是你只是一个小姑娘,明天到底有什么特别的呢?”

Ally made a face, looking at her uniform, cap and her bat.

艾丽做了个鬼脸,看着她的制服、帽子,还有球棒。

“Ah, say no more,” he silently10 went away. “All the best!”

“啊,别再说了。”他默默地溜走了,“祝一切顺利!”

All was quiet, all was well. Ally slept until morning.

一切都很安静,一切都很好,艾丽一直睡到早晨。

“Today is a big day!”

“今天是很重要的一天!”

Ally put on her uniform and told her bat, “When I grow up, Im going to be a baseball player. But it all starts today with my first tee-ball game.”

艾丽穿上球服,告诉她的球棒:“长大后,我将成为一名棒球运动员。但这一切要从我的第一个青少年比赛开始。”

The game began, and Allys team was doing well. But it suddenly11 began to rain.

比赛开始了,艾丽这一队表现不错,但是天突然开始下雨了。

“Rain delay12!” shouted the umpire13.

“因雨延迟!”裁判大声宣布。

The game would go on tomorrow.

比赛明天继续进行。

“Excuse me!” shouted Ally. “What are you guys doing here?”

“打扰一下!”艾丽大喊,“你们在这里干嘛啊?”

“We came to see you play,” said Mr. Wind, Miss Rain, and Mr. Thunder. “Youre great!”

“我们来看你比赛,”风先生、雨小姐和雷电先生说,“你很棒!”

“Thank you,” said Ally. “But storms and sports dont mix14.”

“谢谢,”艾丽说,“但是暴风雨和运动不能同时进行。”

Suddenly the storm stopped. Mr. Wind, Miss Rain, and Mr. Thunder looked unhappy.

暴风雨突然停止了,风先生、雨小姐和雷电先生看起来很难过。

Ally didnt want to hurt their feelings.

艾丽不想伤害他们的感情。

“Im sorry,” she said. “I really do thank you for coming to watch me play.”

“對不起,”她说。“我真的很感谢你们来观看我的比赛。”

“We know,” said Mr. Wind, Miss Rain, and Mr. Thunder.

“我们明白,”风先生,雨小姐和雷电先生说。

“And please come over after the game tomorrow for a movie and popcorn,” said Ally.

“还有,明天比赛后请过来看电影,吃爆米花。”艾丽说。

“We cant wait!”

“我们等不及了!”

As Ally went to home, she told her bat, “We must get a good nights sleep. Tomorrow is a big day!”

艾丽回到家后,对球棒说:“我们必须睡个好觉。明天是重要的一天!”

猜你喜欢

球棒祝你好运艾丽
同学的秘密
探索基层党建工作品牌化建设的“大兴路径”
我是第一流的
百万美元
棒球击球点问题
看图猜谜
小狗究竟跑了多少米?
英语中“再见”的多种表达方式
球棒标准器的量值溯源方法
大家来找词