微留学看世界
2015-03-26JoshuaOgden-Davis
Joshua+Ogden-Davis
Wanna see the world?
想看看外面的世界吗?
The only way to get a feel for a foreign culture is to jump into it!
要感受外国文化的唯一途径就是去体验它!
Maybe you should consider studying abroad.
或者你该考虑到国外留学。
However,being a foreign student is a big investment.
然而,成为留学生需要大笔资金。
Get your feet wet with a“micro study tour.”
你可以通过微留学去亲身体验一下。
If you get into it,you can return later for a full course.
如果你感兴趣,可以迟些回来读一个完整的课程。
And when you come back,youll be ready to hit the ground running!
当你回国时,就可以大显身手了。
The tours arent long enough to be a real academic experience.
微留学时间不够长,将无法获得真正的学术经验。
Also,study tours sometimes focus more on the “tour” and less on the“study.”
而且,游学有时候更多注重旅游,而很少进行学习。
If I only travel for two weeks, I dont want to read books the whole time.
如果我只是去旅游两个星期,我不想总是看书。
Its good to find a balance between study and travel.
找到学习和旅游的平衡点是很不错的!
So,give it a try!What have you got to lose?
那么,试试吧!你有什么可损失的?
NEW词汇超链接:
1. take baby steps 慢慢来,循序渐进
2. get your feet wet 到实践中去
3. host family 寄宿家庭;东道家庭
4. hit the ground running 立即快马加鞭地开展重要工作
2014年12期《IQ辞典》答案
1. 既不会带来光明,也不会引起爆炸,因为没有氧气。
2. 恐龙
3. 房子的主人在说谎,一年不在,樟脑丸已经挥发没有了。
4. 撒哈拉沙漠
5. 7尺
6. 13人
7. 他说:你还是把我喂蝙蝠吧。
8. 中间抽屉里endprint