蹩脚英语
2008-02-01
为了迎接2008年奥运,北京曾下大功夫整改公共场所标示牌上使用不当的蹩脚英语,其实这种蹩脚英语在世界各地都能看到,有些甚至比我国的更可笑。我们今天就来看看这些蹩脚英语的语法错误究竟出在哪里,以便我们今后在使用英语时,能够避免同样的毛病。
①If you want just condition of warm in your room, please control yourself.
如果您想调节您房间的温度,请控制您自己。 (日本旅馆)
②Please don't feed the animals. If you have any food, please give it to the guard on duty.
请不要给动物喂食。如果您有食品,请喂给值班警卫。 (匈牙利动物园)
③Ladies are requested not to have children in the bar.
女士们不要在酒吧里生孩子。 (挪威酒吧)
④Fur coats made for ladies from their skins.
为女士们制作的皮大衣,是用她们的皮制成的。 (瑞典皮货商店)
⑤Teeth extracted by the latest Methodists.
由最新的卫理公会教徒给您拔牙。(香港牙科诊所)
⑥Drop your trousers here for best results.
在这里脱掉您的裤子,等待最好的结果。(泰国的干洗店)
⑦Specialist in women and other diseases.
我们是女人和其他疾病的专家。(意大利妇科诊所)
⑧Welcome to the cemetery where famous Russian artists are buried daily except Thursday.
欢迎访问这个公墓,许多著名的俄国艺术家除了星期四每天埋在这里。(俄国公墓)
⑨We take your bags and send them in all directions.
我们将拿走您的行李,送往四面八方。(丹麦机场)
⑩The manager has personally passed all water served here.
旅馆经理将亲自为您撒尿。(墨西哥旅馆)